issues after regeneration.

Old 05-02-09, 12:31 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
issues after regeneration.

so i just refilled/regenerated my masters NS-20 and then forced a backwash...

my brine tank overflowed. i think this is because i put a new injector in and it was either the wrong size, or backwards. so i replaced it with the old injector (which was in pretty good shape). i think that is why the brine tank filled up, but how do i get the water level back down?

the water pressure after the backwash process is much lower than it was before, throughout the whole house, not just a couple of fixtures. I would like to fix this.

the water is brown now. wasn't before. is this common? it seams to be getting a bit better. the water tastes a hell of a lot better than it did before. yes, i tasted the brown water....

Old 05-03-09, 12:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
More info is needed. What type of unit is it? Is it city water or well? The unit will draw the water out and put the required amount back in if, in fact, it is drawing brine. The rsin will break down slowing the water flow. To check for a restriction, turn on a few faucets and put the unit on bypass. If the flow shows a noticable increase, your resin may be fouled.

Old 05-03-09, 06:59 PM
M
The controls for one are 255/440i and the unit is NS-20T. The second controls are 268/440i and the unit is MBA-MM-10-1. The source is well. Water pressure is good out of the tank, poor at the fixtures. I put both units into bypass tonight to see how that effected pressure. It didnít. therefore, I assume the tanks arenít the issue. Perhaps itís the spider nest of 90 degree elbows and globe valves in my basement reducing the pressure.

Regardless upon taking the units out of bypass, my water sucks again. Do I seriously need to regenerate every time I bypass the system?

Again, according to the product data, a faulty or incorrectly installed injector can cause the brine to overflow. I believe I corrected that, so how do I get the excess water out of the brine tank now? Bail?

thanks

Old 05-04-09, 10:43 AM
Put the unit in a brine draw cycle, unplug it for 1 hour. Plug it back in and it should pull all the water out and refill with the proper amount.

Old 05-04-09, 06:53 PM
M
thanks. i will give it a shot.

Old 05-07-09, 07:49 PM
M
whats happening is the while the system is supposed to be "drawing" brine, its actually filling the brine tank back up.
then, it fills it up again during the last cycle (when its supposed to).

any thoughts?

Old 05-07-09, 08:43 PM
The cause may be the injector in backwards or not in enough. The flat side with the small hole is to the outside. Place injector in housing. With a flat tip screwdriver pop (slight slap onto screwdriver with hand) into place. Make sure injector has clear hole in it. Hold it up to light looking through hole. Should be perfectly ROUND through hole. Any debri will stop it from working. Check drain line to insure it is not kinked or blocked.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: