Identify and explain this system?

Old 05-12-09, 05:25 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Identify and explain this system?

I just bought a house. It's two years old and has a water treatment system.
I'm told it has a chlorine injection pump that removes the iron, and then a chlorine removal filter.
It was explained to me that the large tank needs to be "drained" periodically to flush out the iron. They explained that I needed to turn off the supply water and drain the tank, then turn the water back on and refill the tank. He said there is a shot of rusty water that will go to the house after you drain the tank.

Some of this just does not sound right. There is no name on any of the equipment.
It is plumbed
from the well to the pressure tank, from the pressure tank to the holding tank, from the holding tank to the chlorine filter, from the chlorine filter to the water softener, and then to the house.
It seems to me the backwash should be done under pressure, and could be automated. Where can I get some info on the workings of this system and possible improvements?

As a Side note, I have no understanding as to why everyone leaves this equipment out in the weather. but it is the norm in rural Florida. I'm going to put a building over it.
Thanks,

Old 05-12-09, 06:10 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
What you have is a LMI UniDose chlorinator and a Fleck 2500 carbon filter. I don't see a water softener. The water comes from the well and is injected with a chlorine/water mixture. It then goes on to the retention tank followed by the carbon tank where the iron is removed then on to the house.

Old 05-12-09, 09:12 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The softener is in the garage.
Do you have any info on the proper way to operate this system?

Old 05-12-09, 12:05 PM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I think this is the manual for your carbon filter. It's hard to see from the pic.
http://www.pentairwatertreatment.com...al%2040097.pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: