no auto recharge on Kenmore softener

Old 06-25-09, 12:16 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no auto recharge on Kenmore softener

I have a Kenmore water softener which was installed in 2001. I've noticed for the last several months that the salt level has not changed, but I was hoping it's been recharging at night (I haven't noticed the "recharge tonight" alert flashing either). I forced a manual recharge yesterday. I was around when the system was backwashing, or discharging, and noticed it was very discolored water. Later I noticed my house water was also very brown until water it ran for about a minute.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the auto recharge is not working? I can't quantify how long the auto recharge has not been working (I would guess a month or two).

I thought that the dirty backwash or rinse may have been because the system hadn't recharged in a long time, and the resin tank was incredibly full of minerals etc? Does this make sense? I'm not sure why my supply was dirty unless a thorough rinsing didnt' occur. Any thoughts?

I haven't done any maintenance except for cleaning the venturi last winter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 06-26-09, 09:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds to me you are on a well with iron? The meter assemble may not be working so the unit does not know when to regen. Do you have a manual for it? If not, check out this site for it. KENMORE | Model #625388280 | WATER SOFTENER | SearsPartsDirect.com.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: