Kinetico Supra K44 Problem

Old 07-11-09, 12:11 PM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetico Supra K44 Problem

I have a Kinetico Supra K44 that does not seem to be regenerating. The water feels hard and there is plenty of salt in the brine tank. Is there a way I can manually cause it to regenerate to evaluate the regen function? I see a phillips head screw on the top of the rotor assembly. I can move it so an internal tab moves to different functions, but nothing seems to happen.

Old 07-11-09, 07:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The phillips slot is the actuator. It has a tab that is visable. By pushing down while turning clockwise, it should contact the control disc (it has a notch that is visable but you have to look close)and start a regen. If not, try to feel if it is "slipping" on the control disc. If the control disc does turn and regen has not started, make sure unit is not in bypass.

Old 07-12-09, 08:26 AM
A
Make sure your salt isn't bridged.

Old 07-25-09, 03:12 PM
B
I was able to manually regenerate the system. I did each side twice and it seemed to work fine. I could feel the water flowing throught the brine tube and could see the water coming out of the drain line. I just don't think it is softening the water. I pulled the brine tube out of the tank and everything looks OK there. Could it be the resin beds need to be changed out?

Old 07-25-09, 07:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brihath View Post
Could it be the resin beds need to be changed out?
That depends if the water has chlorine. Chlorine will degrade the resin over time. If you have iron, it just may need a cleaning with iron out. How old is the unit?

Old 07-27-09, 11:13 AM
B
The unit is twenty years old, but has been completely rebuilt twice. The most recent rebuild was on 5/22/04 and included a full resin replacement.

Old 07-27-09, 01:57 PM
A
You say it has plenty of salt, but has it been using any salt?

Andy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: