tank and bpa

Old 07-18-09, 12:14 PM
L
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tank and bpa

Hi. I have been reading about Kinetico here and was wondering about someting I didn't find the anwser. We were buying bottle of water until now and my wife is now upset about BPA contained in bottle plastic. Those BPA can be transferred in water over time. Is there a risk of same problem with Kinetico water tank as it must be made of plastic too ?

I would also like to know if the water coming from the tank is cold or ambient temparature ?

Watts RO system is $350 here in Canada at costco. Considering the price difference with the Kinetico K5 that would be around 1500-2000, should I go with the Kinetico ?

Thanks

Old 07-18-09, 02:58 PM
A
There is zero risk of any contaminants from the K5 tank leaching plastics into the product water. Reason is simple, there is no contact.

Old 07-18-09, 07:15 PM
L
Thanks Andy

Could you provide more detail on your comment and the tank because I haven't seen details on that elsewhere.

About water temperature, if the water stay in the tank for about 1 hour or so, it wouldn't be cold when taken. Am I right ?

For my third question, from other post you have written, I think your answer would be yes the right choice is Kinetico compared to Watts. Am I right ?

Old 07-18-09, 08:03 PM
A
All product water is inside a rubber bladder made especailly for RO water. I can't give you the details of the composite. The water then goes to any of a number of post filters, most commonly and carbon filter.

Since there is no refridgerant, the water will maintain an ambient temperature. Are you looking for cooler water?

The WATTS RO is a fine product. It will provide you with excellent water. It's track record is short but good. Customers have made positive comments.

The K5, however, is a wonderfully engineered piece of equipment. It has many features and benefits that the WATT unit doesn't have. I won't go into all those here and now. But, yes, I would recommend the Kinetico K5.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: