Kinetico water softener runs constantly

Old 08-03-09, 08:21 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico water softener runs constantly

My Kinetico softener runs constantly. I had it in to the shop here about 6 months ago to have the carbon replaced in it. This system has the double tanks on each side. When I got it back it seemed to recharge fine, however one side didn't seem to be doing as good a job of softening the water as the other. Now it seems to be stuck in a re-gen cycle?

Old 10-13-09, 10:12 PM
P
Originally Posted by big fish View Post
My Kinetico softener runs constantly. I had it in to the shop here about 6 months ago to have the carbon replaced in it. This system has the double tanks on each side. When I got it back it seemed to recharge fine, however one side didn't seem to be doing as good a job of softening the water as the other. Now it seems to be stuck in a re-gen cycle?
What did you end up finding on this? Mine is doing the same thing.

Thank!

Old 10-15-09, 05:13 PM
S
My experience with Kinetico equipment has been that they are very susceptible to small particles of debris. Because the premise of the unit is that flowing water does all the work, the water must flow through all of the drive gears of the unit that tell it how often to regenerate, how long to regenerate, when to stop, etc. Usually if the unit is permanently running water out the drain hose it's because something has stuck in the gears and will not allow them to so it can finish the cycle. Most likely the unit needs to be taken apart and cleaned.
Around here most kinetico units are installed with a pre-filter in front of them to help prevent these issues from happening.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: