Avantapure worthwhile?

Old 08-20-09, 08:28 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avantapure worthwhile?

We've had a sales guy out here (we're in Utah) really talking up the Avantapure. This business claims to sell the upper end Avantapure. Right now there's a slightly used (as in 30 days of use) model that he's willing to install free of charge with an RO system for $1895 total. I'm really not sure what to believe. I don't know a whole lot about water softeners yet. I know we have 10 grain hard water. The only specs I have on the unit are that it's 54,000 grain and has a 1" valve all through it. We have 5 people living here. Should we pass up on this?

Thanks for any info.

Old 08-21-09, 09:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pns0860 View Post
We've had a sales guy out here (we're in Utah) really talking up the Avantapure. This business claims to sell the upper end Avantapure. Right now there's a slightly used (as in 30 days of use) model that he's willing to install free of charge with an RO system for $1895 total. I'm really not sure what to believe. I don't know a whole lot about water softeners yet. I know we have 10 grain hard water. The only specs I have on the unit are that it's 54,000 grain and has a 1" valve all through it. We have 5 people living here. Should we pass up on this?

Thanks for any info.
You can buy system on line, have it installed by a local person, and save money. The Avantapure is an electronic version of an Autotrol vale. I do not like electronics on water softeners. Have seen too many problems with them. I prefer the Fleck 5600 metered demand units.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: