Air in Tank when Marlo softener Rejuvenates

Old 09-07-09, 05:05 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air in Tank when Marlo softener Rejuvenates

I replaced all the parts in the salt tank at the suggestion of the Marlo company but there is air in the cold water pipes after it rejuvenates and this did not correct the problem. However the water is soft after rejuvenation. Model No. EMP-30-KC . Marlo company told me they had no other parts available. The softener was installed in 1997 and the resin was replaced earlier this year. They said I might find help at Erie Controls but they could not give me information on contacting them.

I had a bad water valve which could not be turned off, in the copper pipe going to the softener input and I replaced it and after this the problem started.

Can anyone help me?
Thank You
Hal

Old 09-10-09, 08:09 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
What you might want to try is put the unit into a fill cycle and pull up on the safety float to stop the water from filling up the brine tank. If there is a leak in the brine line it will show and this is where the air is being drawn into your unit. If you do not have a safety, pinch the end of the brine line to stop the water flow.

Old 09-12-09, 10:09 AM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Marlo water softener

Thank you for the reply. I had tried that at the suggestion of the Marlo Company.
I have since replaced the unit with a new Marlo Softener and watched it as it went through all the cycles and noticed that in every cycle water was being sent to the sewer. In the Brine cycle I noticed as the water went to the sewer there were many up to 2 inch long air bubbles. In my old unit i do not believe any water went to the sewer during the brine cycle, if that was necessary. Maybe that put air in the plumbing?
The unit is now replaced, so it no longer matters.

Thanks again for the reply
Hal

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: