Kinetico K60 - water in the meter disk and lens

Old 10-26-09, 08:12 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetico K60 - water in the meter disk and lens

I need someone's help. I have a Kinetico Mach series that is 1 1/2 years old. There is some water in the meter disk inside the lens. The water is clear, with no stain or color. I have a service appointment on Nov 30th to check this out

1) Is it ok or normal to have some water in the meter disk in the lens?
2) Will that water cause problems?
3) Will that water go away?

I need help beffore Nov 30th. I dont want to spend $70 for a service call just to be told that its normal or ok to have water in the meter disk . Anyone's help is appreciated.

- Patrick ( Las Vegas, NV)

Old 10-27-09, 12:33 AM
S
My experience with Kinetico units is that they always have water under the disc but I don't know if it's supposed to be there. I always assumed it was but since you ask I can't really say I know for sure.

When you called Kinetico they wouldn't answer that question over the phone for you?

Old 10-27-09, 02:25 AM
A
Originally Posted by pticman View Post

1) Is it ok or normal to have some water in the meter disk in the lens?
2) Will that water cause problems?
3) Will that water go away?

- Patrick ( Las Vegas, NV)
Cancel the appointment. Water is supposed to be there.

Andy Christensen

Old 10-27-09, 08:47 AM
P
Thanks for the reply. Kinetico didnt answer my question on the phone and just insisted to do a visit appointment.
I guess they want to stay in business and collect $70 just to tell me if its normal or not to have water in the meter disc lens.
Some of the water formed a condensation at the lens ( similar to a wrist watch that has condensation in the glass).

Old 10-27-09, 03:18 PM
S
I am stunned a company wouldn't offer that advice over the phone... How could they justify charging you $70 to drive out there and tell you that if they could have just as easily told you over the phone??

Old 10-27-09, 06:02 PM
P
I was stunned myself. I specifically asked the person on the phone if the presence of water in the meter disk chamber is normal or not. She just replied that a visit is needed. She couldnt offer me an answer to my question.
$70 is the service charge for a visit here in Vegas.

Old 10-27-09, 07:37 PM
A
Next time you have a question with that company, first ask who the service manager is and just keep asking to speak with him/her.

Office staff often don't know what to tell customers so they may be instructed to do what they did, say what they said.

This assumes you had no other issues which you hadn't mentioned previuosly.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Old 10-27-09, 08:58 PM
P
I asked for the service department and I was connected to them. I finally spoke to this lady who didnt offer answers to my question whether is normal to have water in the meter disc chamber. She insisted on a service visit.
Thanks for your response.

Old 10-28-09, 11:03 PM
P
I appreciate your reply Andy. I read in the other threads that youre a kinetico guru. Its really nice to have someone like you here. So, is it perfectly normal for the meter disc lens chamber to have water in it? Mine is half full of water now. My kinetico k60 is working good & i dont see any water leaks anywhere. I hope to cancel the service visit on friday if the water in the chamber is a normal occurence. My hardness is 3gpg (vegas tap water is normally 20gpg) 0 chlorine, 0 iron pH 8, 0 nitrite. Pretty good for just a #2 disk.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: