Softener questions

Old 10-27-09, 08:38 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Softener questions

I am about to install Kenmore 300 series water softener this weekend, just a few questions for those of you who can answer this.
I guess i have to install a valve drain hose and an overflow salt tank drain hose. Problem is that the sump pump drain is on the other side of the basement, would it be okay to run 2 hoses zip tied together along the wall with 3/8 inch diameter hoses for about 45 feet?

In the manual it talks about how in most homes all the electrical outlets are usually ground by the houses cold water pipe which goes into the ground. when the softener is installed there is a plastic bypass vavle which breaks this ground on the cold water inlet in most houses. The mfg recommends performing a jump wire around this plastic bypass to reground. My question is, I can skip this step since all of my piping in my house is all PVC including the cold water pipe until it gets to the well tank right?

Old 10-28-09, 03:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
If all the piping in the house is PVC, than noone will be using the piping as a ground. You do not have to use a jumper. As far as the drain line, I would increase the size for the long run.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: