PH balancer continueous backflush

Old 10-28-09, 07:26 AM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PH balancer continueous backflush

Well, it has happened again. Less than a year ago, our PH balancer was not sealing right and we can hear continueous slow backflush. We tried to fix the problem by changing the seals...unfortunately, no success. We ended up calling the water softener company and they replaced the whole control unit.

This morning, the system is in full backflush mode. It is as if the plunger is not pushing into the right place. I tried to manually move the plunger arm but, couldn't budge it. Also, the control unit wires felt very warm. I unplugged the control unit and shut off the water to the PH balancer.

Is there a way I can manually move the plunger to position? Should the control bomb less than a year of service?

Old 10-28-09, 08:30 AM
B
Was the entire head replaced in the past year or only a component? Were you provided any sort of warranty on the control unit? If the entire head was replaced it should not fail within a year and if it did it should be covered by a warranty.

Old 10-28-09, 08:42 AM
N
The whole controller including the controller box cover was replaced.

About an hour ago, I unplugged the power cord and shut off the water to the balancer. Just now, I plug the unit back in and trip the cycle manually, and manually move the wheel so that the other pins are activated. I saw the plunger arm move in and out and now the back flush stopped. Does this mean the unit somehow got stuck somewhere? Does this explains the warmness I felt around the internals of the controller?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: