Clack WS1 v. North Star 30,000

Old 11-23-09, 11:57 AM
B
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clack WS1 v. North Star 30,000

Hi. We are looking to replace our Waterboss water softener that broke on us after five years (valve broke for second time). We have a water hardness of 12. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children under 5 years old). Anyone have any thoughts on either of these or recommend another system. Price range is under $650. Thanks!

Old 11-23-09, 12:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Clack is a better valve than the North Star, but I don't like electronics on water softeners. The best choice would be a Fleck 5600 Meter demand system for the same cost. It will last longer with no electronics to go bad.

Old 11-23-09, 02:10 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If all you're removing is 12 grains hardness - no iron - then almost any softener will handle that application. I like limited electronic units because they usually offer battery back-up for single tank units so that when a power outage occurs you don't have to go down and set the correct time.

The Clack is a newer brand but seems to be gaining popularity. I use GE Autotrol valves because in my opinion they require the least amount of service over their lives.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: