Kinetico 4040 price

Old 02-07-10, 03:05 AM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kinetico 4040 price

Hello Guys,
I am a resident of Santa Clara CA. I am in the maket for a water softner in our new home. Our water hardness is 14 gr/gallon with a lot of bitter taste and smell from chlorine. None of my neighbours have any water softners installed in their homes yet. So I relied heavily on this forum for source of information.

Thanks a lot to many of the knowledgeable members of this group like "AndyC" I was able gain good insight of the various products available in the market and their pros and cons.

I am very much inclined to going with Kinetico 4040 with no RO. The local rep (DeAnza's : John Schafer) came in today and gave more details about their system, warranty (10 yrs). I really liked the simplicity in their design which doesn't use electricity, on demand regeneration, twin tank design.

I was quoted $3700 (including tax and installation). He said it was a December special which he is still offering. There was also another offer where he will rent the system with a $485 installation and $45/month. If we chose to buy it in 3 months he could apply the installation and rental charges towards the $3700.

Please let me know if $3700 is a reasonable price for a Kinetico 4040 with no RO or is there room for negotiation?

Thank you very much in advance for your inputs and comments.

Old 02-07-10, 09:48 AM
A
I sent you a PM

Does the 4040 include a by-pass and prefilter?

Did they quote a 2040 by any chance?

What was their "December" special?

Andy

Old 02-07-10, 12:10 PM
H
Andy, Thank you for your quick reply. That was the price I was quoted for 'Kinetico Overdrive Enhanced 4040'.
There was no mention of a by-pass or a pre-filter.
Our home has only city metered water. We do not have a well. Reading through other Kinetico posts, I was under the impression that we need a pre filter if we have well water with high iron content. Is that a true statement?

What is the purpose of a by-pass? Is it to by pass the softner and direct the hard water to the house? why do we need it?

Old 02-07-10, 06:35 PM
A
Originally Posted by harry_k View Post
Andy, Thank you for your quick reply. That was the price I was quoted for 'Kinetico Overdrive Enhanced 4040'.
There was no mention of a by-pass or a pre-filter.
Our home has only city metered water. We do not have a well. Reading through other Kinetico posts, I was under the impression that we need a pre filter if we have well water with high iron content. Is that a true statement?

What is the purpose of a by-pass? Is it to by pass the softner and direct the hard water to the house? why do we need it?
By-passes are necessary for a couple of reasons, including: If untreated water is used, If lines need to be sanitized, but usually, When the equipment may need to be serviced without leaving the house dry. It is standard everywhere and required in many locations.

There are different ways to achieve this and I just wondered if it had been mentioned. Many by-passes allow for whole house shut-off or a filter change.

This is the standard Kinetico by pass (1.25" lines). They are reversible depending on direction of water flow.

Pre-filters are ‘required’ for few Kinetico units and the 4040 is one of them. Prefiltration with adequate flow rate and appropriate media will greatly improve the performance and life of most any primary treatment equipment.

The 4040 does not have a freeboard, which is used in other softener designs to backwash foreign matter in addition to its intended design. The 4040 is an upflow model with packed beds.

City lines are periodically flushed, often worked on and sometimes broken. Changing prefilters on city water, I have seen amazing stuff comes down those lines.

The 4040 is designed for high efficiency on relatively mild water and nearly always on city/rural water sources.

Andy Christensen

Old 02-08-10, 05:05 PM
H
Andy, Thanks a lot for the detailed description. You are awesome

I will find out if these are included.

Old 02-08-10, 06:00 PM
A
I sent attachments for the Kinetico MACH 4040s OD. Let me know if they came through.

Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: