Replacement r/o faucet

Old 02-08-10, 12:14 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 19
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement r/o faucet

We will be getting new countertops in about a month and I would like to replace the old reverse osmosis faucet that we currently have. We have a kenmore r/o system that is approximately 7-10 years old. I won't be able to access the model number until later but was currious as to what recommendations anyone may have regarding replacement faucets. Can I use faucets from other manufacturers?

We like the look of the oil rubber bronze faucets, however when I called sears they do offer this style.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 02-08-10, 03:03 PM
biermech's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,707
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
You can use faucets from other manufacturers. The only different that makes a difference is an air gap. The Kenmore's drain line attaches to a 1/4" barbed fitting on the bottom of the faucet then from a 3/8" barbed fitting travels to the drain. When buying a new faucet, just ask for one that has a buildt in air gap.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: