Pelican Natursoft salt free softener

Old 03-02-10, 02:46 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pelican Natursoft salt free softener

Hi im new to the water softener thing and did my reseach, I wanted something very environmental friendly, so I was thinking of th Pelican natursoft salt free water softener system, can anyone please give me any feedback how effective this technology really is. I live in Guam USA and water here is HARD, I was thinking of installing this softener and a carbon filter made by the same company.

http://www.waterfilter-usa.com/natur...ins-p-361.html

Thanks

Last edited by angel_vrk1; 03-02-10 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-02-10, 04:46 PM
B
The literature makes no claims to "soften" the water--softening is typically defined as an ion exchange process in which hard water ions, calcium and magnesium, are exchanged for sodium or potassium.

If you have not you should specifically read the "certified claims"--my reading is that they really make no claims that are certified.

So if you have hard water and want soft water you should buy a traditional softener.

Old 03-02-10, 04:48 PM
A
Originally Posted by angel_vrk1 View Post
Hi im new to the water softener thing and did my reseach, I wanted something very environmental friendly, so I was thinking of th Pelican natursoft salt free water softener system, can anyone please give me any feedback how effective this technology really is. I live in Guam USA and water here is HARD, I was thinking of installing this softener and a carbon filter made by the same company.

Pelican NaturSoft NS3 Salt Free Water Softener - $1,295.00

Thanks
I'll let others speak about the system but I was wondering if you are having thoughts about where to dispose of a salty solution from the backwash of a real softener on an small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean?

What are your restrictions, thoughts and motivations?

Old 03-03-10, 05:06 AM
A
actually there is no EPA issues on the backwash waste, its just the idea that I have to check so often and do maintenance on the traditional softeners. I will have to improvise though as the sewer line is to far from the softener for me to connect. I just simple want to read actual experiences of customers on this product and what exactly it does to the water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: