salt tank refilling

Old 08-07-10, 04:04 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
salt tank refilling

I just cleaned my salt/brine tank. How do I fill the tank with water? will it do it automatic? I cant figure out how to fill it with water...

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-10, 05:56 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fscarano View Post
I just cleaned my salt/brine tank. How do I fill the tank with water? will it do it automatic? I cant figure out how to fill it with water...

Thanks in advance...
If you have just cleaned out the salt tank, then one should put say 1 5gallon bucket mostly full of water and 1 bag of salt. Let the system go through one reg and that will reset the water level in the salt tank..

Putting water in the salt tank like this is like priming the pump ..

Old 08-08-10, 10:51 AM
A
what make is the system?

Some have what's called a "brine fill first" cycle where it adds the water at the start of the regeneration so you won't need nearly as much. Others don't and need you to put in the appropriate amount based on the sizing of the system. Good luck out there.

Old 08-08-10, 04:04 PM
A
Originally Posted by Art with Rayne View Post
what make is the system?

Some have what's called a "brine fill first" cycle where it adds the water at the start of the regeneration so you won't need nearly as much. Others don't and need you to put in the appropriate amount based on the sizing of the system. Good luck out there.
Which valves use prefill brining? Is this done immediately or at a set time before brining? Wouldn't that dilute the solution somewhat before brining if done immediately?