Kinetico HELP Please

Old 08-06-12, 07:17 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico HELP Please

I need help to determine if the Kinetico unit I bought will work for my House. Form what I have tested my water is as follows:

Hardness 3 grains or 50 ppm
Iron 3 ppm
alka 120 ppm
PH 6.5

It is just me and my wife now in the house but we keep our new Grandbaby for one or 2 days on the weekends. WE Are on Well water and are in central Florida.
From what I have read and fugured out I would need a 32,000 grain system to treat the water for my house.

I have been talking to a sales rep that swears by Kinetico and I agree, so please anyone trying to convince me other wise save your time!! I like the 2 tank system and found the following system for 350.00 with 1 cf of new resin for the tanks. The tanks are 8" x 40" that would give me .5 cf per tank. will this system be capabile for my situation? I have included pictures of the tanks and Brine tank valve. Thanks, Carl

Attached Images     
Old 08-06-12, 09:45 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I can help you out with a manual. Each tank will hold .7 cf of resin. You should change the #4 disc to a #1. You have a lot of iron so you should use iron out to keep the resin clean. Send me an e-mail if you would a manual.

Last edited by Gunguy45; 08-06-12 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Deleted Email....this should have been passed via PM.
Old 08-10-12, 06:54 AM
A
Considering the high iron, I would use a disc 2 with a 4.4 salt setting. I would prefer more frequent regens. Since each tank calls for 0.7 cuft of resin (or 15 inches of freeboard) means you need to buy 2 cuft. So it would be perfectly alright to add two inches of resin (13" freeboard).

I would install a 20/25 prefilter to help remove iron and sediment before going into the softener.

Old 08-15-12, 05:41 AM
C
Thanks all for the great advise. Now 1 more thing....... how much should it cost to have the head of this unit rebuilt? Also everyone beware this unit I bought on CL and found a screw holding in one of the valves, so I will be getting it rebuilt.

Old 08-15-12, 05:58 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
The problem is you could be quoted from $500.00 to $1500.00 depending on the dealer. Kinetico holds on to their parts very tightly. If you are not a dealer, you can not get the parts. What should cost $50.00 in a rebuild kit could be priced out at over $1500.00. It's their way of trying to get you to buy a new unit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: