kinetico ultra I won't backwash

Old 01-19-13, 11:26 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
kinetico ultra I won't backwash

My water softener goes thru the brine/rinse and backwash but no water comes out of the drain and there is no water in the brine tank (small tank with a water level) and the softener doesn't use any salt. Bare with me but to me the salt water is not backwashing the resin tanks. I cleaned out the bottom of the salt tank. should I add water to the small brine tank? Hope I'm explaining correctly.

Old 01-19-13, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Sounds like the unit is on bypass if there is no water to the drain during a cycle. It could also be a clogged drain flow control which means opening up the unit.

Old 01-19-13, 07:21 PM
A
Check the brine valve. Remove it careful from the tank and push up and down on the float. if you push down, water should be coming out the bottom. Push it up and it should stop. Is there visible dirt in the bottom of the brine tank?

Old 01-20-13, 09:34 AM
C
There is no water in the Brine well (large tube with float valve in brine tank) and the filter and line are not clogged. I can move the float up and down but no water fills the tube and no water goes into the large brine tank..nothing happens. I'm guessing if it's a clogged drain flow control I'll have to remove the 8 small bolts from the top of the unit (above 1 resin tank) and look for a stuck valve..correct?

Old 02-06-13, 06:30 AM
C
Found the problem...the ball in the bottom of the brine tank that's below the float was stuck. After I got the ball (size is as big around as a bic pen) loose everything works fine. This morning when the kinetico regenerated the salt tank filled with water up to the drain so I started shaking the line in the brine tank and I could hear the ball shake loose and the water stopped. I siphoned the salt tank back down. I'll try to create a picture of the ball and float...very bottom is the screen next up is a permanent (fixed) float above that is a 1/2" clear tube with the plastic free floating ball. the 1/2" clear tube has a notched area where a very small green magnet floats up and down because the upper float moves no more than 3/4" up and down according to the water level and the top float is also magnetised. The ball can bypass the magnet in either direction. (not sure what the magnet does and do I reallY need it). The top float only moves approx' 3/4" up and down. Scared that if the unit recycles when I'm not home the water will not stop running if the ball sticks again. Hope I made a clear picture. any suggestions

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: