Trying to identify my 4 or 5 stage RO unit so I can replace filters

Old 02-28-13, 05:23 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trying to identify my 4 or 5 stage RO unit so I can replace filters

My water guy went out of business between last year and this. The unit chassis says GTS-502777 on it. It does not give a manufacturer, but it has a sticker on the membrane housing on top that says "proudly assembled in the USA." It has one sediment filter, 2 carbon filters and a membrane housing and one other housing.

My goal is to replace the two carbon filters, the sediment filter, and possibly the membrane (how would I know what criteria to follow?). The filter canisters do not say anything on them other than having a label where they attach to the chassis that says which one is sediment and which ones are carbon. I did a google search using the model name/number (GTS-502777) but that didn't get me anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-28-13, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
They may be standard size 10" filters.

Take a pic of the system. I get mine here. As long as its not proprietory you can put anything in, but IMO these are best quality. Espeacially the membrane made by dow.....

Replacement Water Filters, Cartridges, Membranes for APEC Residential Reverse Osmosis Systems | APEC Water

Old 02-28-13, 06:03 PM
M
Okay. height of carbon and sediment canisters is 10.5 inches (approx) to where they screw onto the flange. diameter at flange is approx 4.25 inches. Diameter below, in main body of canister body, would be about 1/2 to 3/4 inch less than the max of 4.25.

Old 02-28-13, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
OK the sediment and two carbons are standard from the link I posted. 10 x 4 " filters. They have quality stuff IMO. You have similar to what I have.....

Now aside from the membrane that other filter is a post GAC ( carbon filter) That get changed when the membrane does.....

Now how old is the system? Do you have a TDS meter to check to see how the unit is functioning?

The probalem with getting a new membrane is you need to know how many gpd that unit is. There is a restrictor on the discharge line. It has a code on it. Whats it say?

Or you will need to pull the membrane and see what it says...

Note: You can change the gpd by changing the restrictor and the membrane if you prefer a faster fill of the storage tank.

Old 03-01-13, 11:32 AM
M
Okay. Unit has been in service for 1 year and 9 months. It was serviced last March. To my memory only the prefilters were replaced, and he did do some water tests to verify function of the water softener and the filtration system, which was fine at that time. When you say discharge line, do you mean the line that goes to the storage tank? Or the waste line that connects to the gray water plumbing under the sink? B/c I do not see a flow restrictor anywhere. . . maybe I do not know what to look for?

Last edited by Marc Heffner; 03-01-13 at 12:46 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: