Water Softener Drain

Old 03-02-13, 01:40 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Softener Drain

I'm tryin to get my ducks in a row, before I buy a water softener. Got the plumbing drops in place. The house and old farm house in Ind has no sump pump.
The question, will the water softener push the regeneration water either up to the house sanitary drain or outside.

Thanks
Dave

Old 03-02-13, 02:44 PM
C
It shouldn't be a problem. The salt could be an issue for your septic system or plants and freezing if piped outside may be a concern.

Mine goes into a sump pump and from there out to a buried drain pipe for my gutter downspouts, then onto a stone driveway. Because the pipe is 4" diameter and buried, freezing is not an issue but despite the salt content, if it's cold enough it will freeze on the driveway. Just ask my neighbor, whose driveway butts right next to mine. The water and ice doesn't respect property lines.

Old 03-02-13, 03:30 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
The water pressure will push the drain water uphill. The rule of thumb is not to go higher than 8' above the drain outlet of the softener.

Old 03-08-13, 11:48 AM
D
Ducks In A Row Water Softener

Thanks to all three of you for the help. The smaller softener was the way I was thinkin, and the potassium chloride I sure hadn't thought about

Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: