Kinetico

Old 12-23-13, 10:38 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kinetico

I've read other posts regarding this subject, but with go good advice that helps me with my scenario.

My house currently has a well with a water softening system installed. The softener is a cheep softener that possibly needed to be added in 2005 due to the sale of the home. I bought the house in 2008 on the foreclosure market and have wanted to upgrade the water system. Now, I think, I am being faced with the fact that I NEED to replace the softener. I am having the local appliance company out a 2nd time this year it fix the softener bc it appears to not be using salt in essence not properly treating the water.

Of course when they were out bf, they were more interested in selling me a new Kinetico system then fixing my current system. I really have no issue with the price bc it was under 2k and that included install, its an easy install, literally show up, hook up and leave, no fancy pipe running or anything like that. They fixed the issue but since then the system is doing the same thing. Also I have done some online browsing and found USWatersystem.com, they carry the Synergy Twin-Alternating Water Softener, plus it’s cheaper and I can do the install myself. Was also thinking about upgrading my UV light and also adding a DuraMAC pressure boosting pump, all at the same time since my water pressure is low. And of course now doing all the fancy plumbing work myself, at my labor costs (free) and the way I want it. I diffidently want a twin tank, salt water treatment system.

Does anyone have advice on the difference between Kinetico and other twin tank systems, or has anyone dealt specifically with USWatersystems before?

Old 12-23-13, 11:58 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
There are only 3 (if I'm not mistaking) companies that make a twin tank softener (Kinetico, Fleck and Clack). Kinetico is the only system that does not use electricity. I would avoid Kinetico because you are stuck with them when it comes to repair parts whereas the others repair parts can be obtain from a lot of other sources.

Old 12-23-13, 01:59 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The system I am referring to, uses a Fleck head I think. I founded it primarily on USWaterSystems.com but I think it uses the same technology as what Kenetico and Fleck uses, except it does use electricity. My personal opinion is that Kenetico is more about the name and if you need the service of local rep.

Thanks for the reply

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: