Is it worth $5k for a Kinetico system.

Old 05-27-14, 07:41 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is it worth $5k for a Kinetico system.

I am researching this for my parents who are considering a water system for their house. So a local dealer came to their house, tested the water and basically gave them an estimate for $5k to install a K5 system in the kitchen and to their refrigerator and a premier series water softening system to be installed outside their house. Does anyone have installed a combination of these 2 units? If yes, does it cost this much? They said the guy was giving a 10-year warranty and once a year filter change for $300 (labor & material).

I am just doing due diligence on their behalf as they are senior citizens and being a bit far away I don't want someone to take any advantage. Also, wondering what other competitive products are out there so they can get another estimate.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-14, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 51 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums...

5K? Outragous IMO..

What I use for RO (k5) are these units from apec. Filter change once a year. Filters are about $30 bucks. You can install your self or hire a plumber... The RO 90 is a good choice... Best membrane IMO made by dow/filmtec...

Reverse Osmosis Product Page - Premium RO Drinking Water Filters Systems, Portable Purifiers, Filtration Parts | APEC Water

Now why do they need a water conditioner? City water? Well? What do the water test results say?

Old 09-11-14, 08:35 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you decided to get the Kinetico system? I was just quoted a "deal" for $4,850 for both systems if I would give a testimonial after 90 days. I have to make a decision within 48 hours...so I'm doing my due diligence today. I was also told it would be $180 for annual filter change (and I live in a high cost area of the country, so the $300 sounds like a rip off) if they do it for me, but only $90, if they show my husband how to do it (not supposed to be very difficult).

Old 09-12-14, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You can get a very good softener and RO for around $1500-$1800 installed. Filters for the RO should be about $30. tops. RO system today have a bannet style where you just twist 1/4 turn and it pops off making it very easy for the elderly to change.