What Softener to purchase

Old 09-24-14, 12:05 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What Softener to purchase

I have been looking at the Fleck units but the online site I plan to buy from recommended the Genesis Elite model they sell because it saves 40% salt and water. But the Fleck ones also mention in description they save 40% salt, but doesn't mention water. The cost difference is about three hundred dollars. The fleck has 5 yr valve warranty and 10 yr tank, Genesis has 5 yr valve and lifetime tank, but I'm assuming any problems are valve related anyway. Any input for me?

I am also installing a RO system in my basement because I want to plumb to fridge as well as sink. It will be 15 ft max away from the sink and fridge. I was told I need a permeate pump, I think it was called, to help with the water pressure from the holding tank. Do you think it will work ok in the basement?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-14, 07:29 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure where Genesis is claiming that the reduction is coming from.

The Vortex tank is one area that I've heard multiple times helps with water and salt usage, but both the Genesis and the ones from OhioPureWater offer those.

The other area that some claims could be made is in the resin. The Purolite SST60 resin (10%) is suppose to help, but is only really effective with high iron/chlorine counts. Otherwise, you won't see any savings. At least that's how it was explained to me.

I've not bought my system yet, but after many days (weeks?) of research, I'm set on the Fleck 5600SXT 48k.

So the question is, how did your water test go?