Kinetico K60 would not Regenerate

Old 10-03-14, 04:45 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kinetico K60 would not Regenerate

love this site. Just became a new member. Someone gave me a K60 that has been sitting for a few years. Probably about 20 years old. Previous owner said the system was working perfect. I followed all the threads and cleaned out the control head, tank, brine tank/line and replaced the media. everything was super clean. The gears in the control head were turning freely and seemed to worked perfectly. I did one thing wrong and I believe this is causing my problem. I accidentally reversed the house water return line. Meaning the water hook up was reversed on the control head. water supply was hooked up to the outlet port. I manually back washed the system a few times (never regenerate) before noticing my error. Did the necessary repairs to the water supply lines and then put the system manually in regenerate cycle. regeneration worked fine for both tanks. I have very soft water. I have a #2 disc. 6 individuals in the house. so I know I have used up more than 600 galons. after a week the regeneration cycle would not automatically turned on. As mentioned, the system does manually regenerate perfectly. SO my question, did I do any damage to the control gears. should I open the head and check the meter pawls and meter disc for damages. why system manually regenerates but not automatically. hope i did not do any reversable damage. Thanks for quickly getting back.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-14, 05:39 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
No you did not damage the system by hooking up backwards. I believe the propblem is the meter turbine. If the water is not counted, then it will never regen. Check the teeth of the turbine. They should go all the way to the base. If they stop about 1/8" before the base, that is your problem. I have an exploded view of the parts. Send me an email and I will send it to you.