Culligan medalist water softener

Old 10-13-14, 08:44 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Culligan medalist water softener

Have a culligan medalist water softener and over the last couple months no salt has evaporated from the tank. I have looked all over the web- checked for salt bridge, did manual regen, and checked settings,
TOR=2am
SLTP = 10
BUU = 10
BR = 60
CAPG = 3, just changed it because of what I read in another thread, was 600

Any suggestions? And yes I did call culligan, but they said it costs $100 dollars just for them to get in their truck! I am pretty handy, but this is extremely frustrating!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-14, 07:36 PM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
How old is the softener? It seems that between 4and10 years the internal piston(s) need to be replaced. Basically, it's a "rebuild". Yes, it could be other thing(s) but if in that range then I would look at rebuilding it and doing the eductor orings and the drain line flow control. $60-80 in parts and lube the piston and you should be good.

Again, it could be something else, but if in that range I would start there.

Old 10-13-14, 07:48 PM
M
The softener is about 4years old, all the stuff you described sounds foreign to me, can you point me in the direction of instructions/hands on video I can access in order to do this or should I call culligan and have them check it out first??

Old 10-13-14, 09:46 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
When you started a manual regen, was there water to the drain?
If there is standing water in the salt tank did it go down about 15 minutes in the the regen or when the water sounded like it had stopped going to the drain?
Salt does not Evaporate, but water will, salt is used in the regen so each time it regens about 10lbs is used up and partly flushed down the drain.
Do you have any books on your unit?

Old 10-14-14, 02:30 PM
M
Akpsdan, I do have the booklet, but not much there, especially for advice on what to check. I will do another manual regen and let you know. And sorry, bad choice of words, I should have said "dissolved" instead of "evaporated"

Old 10-14-14, 06:14 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Your learning new language.... so not a problem.
While in the regen there will be a part for the water in the salt tank to go down, and then at the end there will be water put back into the salt tank... Let us know if that takes place.