Kinetico Water Softener (Signature?) Filter Screen

Old 10-13-14, 06:05 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kinetico Water Softener (Signature?) Filter Screen

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Kenetico water softeners have any type of screen or filter in them?

I recently bought a new house that came with a water softener in it and also a pre-filter prior to the softener. Well, my water pressure hasn't seemed to be too great so I thought I would replace the filter cartridge in the pre-filter. Took the filter body off and realized there was actually no cartridge in there. The filter body was just empty. So, that got me thinking and nervous that I may have plugged up my water softener with sediment. I looked on Kenetico's website and found the owners manual for what I think is the model I have (signature) based on the pictures, but it didn't have a parts breakdown or much detail.

On a side note does anyone know how to positively identify which model the softener is? I looked the thing over pretty good, but I'm not seeing any label with a model number on it. Seems like there has to be one somewhere, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks,
Nathan
Attachment 40053

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-14, 06:08 PM
N
Sorry, for the sideways picture... Couldn't figure out how to get that thing flipped around.

Old 10-14-14, 06:59 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It's either a model K30 or K60. There are no filters inside. They do have upper baskets that may need to be cleaned. Put the unit on bypass and if the water pressures raises the resin may be bad or the upper baskets need cleaning. I have an exploded view of the parts. Send me an email & I'll send it to you.

Old 10-14-14, 04:11 PM
N
Thanks biermech. I PM'd my email address.

When you say K30 or K60 is that the same thing as 2030s & 2060s by any chance? Reason I'm asking is I found a owners manual that has 2030s & 2060s listed in it and the pictures on the owners manual look like mine from what I can tell.

I saw on some other posts about how the resin can cause a restriction when it starts going bad. How does that happen? Is just that the beads start to not get cleaned with the flush and then the accumulated "gunk" causes the restriction? Or, is there something else that goes on with the beads? I would have never guessed that they would cause a restriction when they get wore out.

Old 10-15-14, 04:39 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Chlorine breaks down the beads. They turn to mush and pack down causing a restriction. If you get a sample, try squeezing it between your finger and thumb. If the beads break down and feel mushy, they are bad. I'll send you the parts breakdown info I have.