culligan mark 89 isnt drawing brine

Old 10-21-14, 04:15 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
culligan mark 89 isnt drawing brine

when my softener regenerates the first cycle is it drains into the floor drain out a hose for approx 10 minutes. then it makes alot of noise and then it drains again, the last thing it does is put more water into the brine tank up above the salt, which is way higher than where the float is set. i dont understand why the water goes higher than the float. i talked to culligan and wanted to get another float but their not real cooperative, i think they want to make a house call or sell me a new conditioner. isnt the second cycle supposed to draw all the water out of the big tank where the salt is and than put more in at the end ?? if anyone can email me at [email protected] i would appreciate it..thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-14, 09:12 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Typically when a Culligan with a Power Valve does all cycles correct(supposedly) except for the brine draw it can be found that it's time for a valve rebuild. Not too expensive or hard to do. It can be a number of smaller issues but if the unit is 4+ years old then it is probably time. Replace the P.V. Rebuild kit, DLFC and the eductor o-rings(other o-rings too if they are worn) with new ones and you should be good.

Culligan MIGHT have the worst float system across the industry with the older floats. It's basically a distributor tube for getting water to and from the brine tank and that's it. I'm not even sure you can buy a new float in the style of the old ones any more. Would have to get a whole new brine tank!?

Rebuild the unit or get it rebuilt and you should be good to go.