Help needed please to remove a Culligan Medallist contrl valve

Old 10-26-14, 06:20 PM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Help needed please to remove a Culligan Medallist contrl valve

The water pressure in my house has decreased allot & I know it is caused by the water softener because when I push the bypass valve on the softener the pressure dramatically increases. Can anyone give me guidance in removing the control valve so I can replace the resin? I have read that tiered resin (it has not been changed in at least 15yrs) & or well water particles which I believe I have & have read will clog up the resin both cause the water pressure to decrees. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-14, 07:02 AM
D
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
OK, so nobody could help me on this site but in case anyone has the same question as me, I cut & paste the answer to my question from another DIY site.

"Yours is going to be rather straight forward in removing the valve from the tank and putting back .6 cubic feet of resin and about 10lbs of 1/8x1/16 gravel.

First you will need to push in the red part of the bypass so that the unit can be depressurized.
Then start a cycle , once the water stops running to the drain you will know the next step is ready.
un plug the system
un do the drain by removing the metal u clip
un do the white nut for the salt tank
then at the back of the unit are two long screws that hold a plate to the bypass, those screws will need to be removed.

REMEMBER HOW YOU ARE TAKING THIS APART SO THAT YOU CAN PUT IT BACK TOGETHER IN REVERSE ORDER.

once all the above have been removed from the valve it is now ready to unscrew from the tank.
There will be water so have some thing to take up the water.
drain off the water and then dump the resin into a few buckets.

The distributor will need to be back in BEFORE gravel and resin are put in.
Take a square of duck tape or some thing close to put over the end and then some form of a funnel to put in the gravel first and then resin ... the resin will end and there should be 17" between the resin and the start of the threads of the tank."