Lots of bubbles in our drinking water

Old 11-23-14, 08:50 AM
Y
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Lots of bubbles in our drinking water

This has been going on for a month or more. Will explain circumstances later.

Thousands of tiny air bubbles in a glass of water out of the kitchen faucet. They go away in 20 minutes or so....except some cling to the side and bottom of the clear glass I use.

A month ago we came back home after a week away in the RV. I had shut off the incoming house water via the ball valve by the pressure tank. I opened it up a bit (better to do it slowly) and went inside. Forgot to open it up all the way

That night I heard the water treatment system going on. It sounded a little different than usual. I went into garage and saw pressure gauges close to zero and opened up the water supply valve all the way. Gauges went up to normal, around 40-50#.

Bubbles in water started next morning.

We have a BigBlue first in line. Followed by a calcite tank. Then a BIRM iron removal tank. Last is a water softener.

Probably the air will dissipate over time but is there some kind of air relief valve or other way for me to bleed air out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-14, 09:57 AM
Received 189 Votes on 171 Posts
Are the air bubbles a problem? To me its a sign of highly oxenginated water and that I think is a good thing. My faucets with aerators do that all the time. Maybe not to the degree you explain but I never considered it a problem.

Old 11-23-14, 10:45 AM
Y
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Hi Norm....not a problem to me. Better Half is a tiny bit worried. The bubbles show up with the faucet on normal stream or aerated. I am curious as it showed up after my boo-boo. Not seen before.

Old 11-23-14, 11:13 AM
Received 189 Votes on 171 Posts
It will probably dissipate over time or at least reduce to just a little bit. Sometime when the town does a flushing or repair work I'll get it more often.