Culligan Medalist "will not stop at home"

Old 11-28-14, 02:48 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Culligan Medalist "will not stop at home"

Recently I picked up a Culligan Medalist Water Softener. I worked for culligan in my early 20's, but this unit came out after I quit working for them. Recently I kept getting Error 2.

I went by culligan and picked up a rebuild kit (ring and seal kit, piston, and cam). After replacing everything the error 2 is gone, but now the cam will not stop at home.

I unplugged everything, but still getting the same problem. After I plug it back in "REG" shows up and I can manually go through the cycles. The cam stops at 1, 2, 3, but when it goes back to home it ever so slightly stops and then "REG" shows up again and moves the cam to cycle 1.

On the old MK 89 I would have switched out the dip switches. I switched them to see if the bottom switch was bad, but the unit did the same exact thing.

There seems to be a short that is telling the unit to go into automatic regeneration.

ANy suggestions before I call culligan for a service call?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-14, 08:59 AM
O
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
In my experience with the Medalist unit(s) it usually ends up being that the older board has gone bad.

I've sat and replaced every single item one by one and gotten the same result until switching out the board. I then put all of the original stuff back in and it worked great with the new board.

I have had a couple of the wire harnesses go bad, but it seems the board has been the issue more than anything.

Hope that helps.