Help choosing water softner system

Old 11-30-14, 07:55 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help choosing water softner system

Hello to everyone on the forum 1st post and more then likely not my last
I just tested my water with a proffessional kit bought online and here are my results
Water Hardness-- 19 gpg
Iron--1.5ppm
ph----7.5-8

What type of softner do you guys recommend, right now I have a GE brand bought at Sams Club 8 yrs ago and from the looks of my test its no longer working.. If there is a salt free softner that would work I would prefer that but will use whatever is best.. Im assuming I will need a iron filter also and if going with a salt based softner will I need a reverse osmosis system also?
Whatever I get I want something that will eliminate the rust stains and buildup on my fixtures,waterheater etc..
thanks ahhead of time for any advice, also whatever I get it will be proffessionally installed.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-14, 04:54 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I would install a BIRM (Best Iron Removal Media) followed by a softener. Clack & Fleck make very good valves. Not sure of the TDS of the water son can say whether you need an RO system or not. You may like the taste and save the cost. If not, you can always buy one at a later date.

Old 12-01-14, 09:50 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The actual taste of the water is not that bad or Im just used to it, will look into the BIRM filter..