How to configure Softener?

Old 09-03-15, 10:25 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to configure Softener?

Hi guys,

I have a softener that was installed 10 years ago by a previous owner of the house. Recently we changed a water container (blue one) due to the leak and it doesn't look like water is soft enough now. And I can see that salt is used much slower than before the change.

Couldn't find any user guide and the company that installed it also doesn't have the guide.

Do you know how to configure the softener?

Thanks

Name:  IMG_20150902_231834.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  45.1 KB

Old 09-03-15, 04:20 PM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
Oh I am going to have to look for my Fleck 6600 manual... have not seen one for years.... more times than not if the control goes out, look for a power head for say the Fleck 5600 sxt and it will trade out easy...

Look what was found on line
http://www.waterdrs.com/images//pdf/...e%20Manual.pdf
Down load and read then come back and ask questions.

Old 09-04-15, 07:26 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks Akpsdvan . I've read the guide. My understanding the only value I can change is Water Hardness, right? Now it's set to 35 that should mean very hard water.

Old 09-05-15, 09:08 AM
Received 9 Upvotes on 9 Posts
That control can be fully programmed with different time settings for backwash, brine draw slow rinse, rapid rinse..
I have not looked at the book in awhile as there is only 1 6600 around here any more, the rest have been changed over too the 5600 SE or SXT control.
The body is the same the control is the different part.
There is a button that is called a hidden button ... going to look for the extra pages..

As an update, the next gen looks not to have the hidden button, and I have found the programming pages so drop a pm with an email and I can email the file .. hope you under stand computer programming, this one is not hard but there are steps to get to the different levels of programming, so go slow.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: