Water pressure tank for my well how//??

Old 05-26-16, 04:49 AM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Water pressure tank for my well how//??

I have one about 4.5 foot high and 3' around, mines rusty. How are these sized accordingly?.Should i have set this tank on A lifted platform...(pallet" or something bob s

Old 05-26-16, 05:14 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I'm just a Real Estate Broker; but normally, besides for providing water pressure to the dwelling, the Pressure Tank also serves as a ready reservoir for wells that aren't large producers. Do you know how your well is rated in terms of Gallons per Minute; as that would be the deterimining factor.

The last time I saw a Pressure Tank as large as yours, it was for a well that prooduced only 1½ GPM; but that Well was able to provide enough water for over 30 horses.

Old 05-26-16, 05:22 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
Pressure tanks are sized by gallons and it's sole purpose is to minimize the on/off cycling of the pump. So, bigger is generally better as it reduces the amount of cycling on and off that the pump goes through when water is being used. Generally you want it sized so the pump remains off about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes when water is being used.

Old 05-26-16, 08:55 AM
B
thank you Pilot Dane and Vermont bob s

Old 05-26-16, 01:29 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 277 Upvotes on 253 Posts
If a well has a very slow delivery, it is possible to add any number of additional pressurized tanks to the system to collectively serve as a reservoir. For optimum performance, each tank is preset to the same pressure (typically 2 PSI below pump start pressure) as if it were the only tank in the system, prior to starting up the pump. When the pump shuts off, each tank will (should) have the same percentage (typically about 30%) of its volume occupied by water.

Non-pressurized storage tanks (cisterns) can be used to hold greater amounts of water compared with pressurized tanks of the same size. These must be upstream of the pressurized tank(s). A second pump must be installed between the unpressurized portion (stage) of the system (from well to cisterns) and the pressurized portion (cistern outlet to pressure tanks and plumbing fixtures).

Last edited by AllanJ; 05-26-16 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-27-16, 04:28 AM
B
Thank you all who took the time help me.its much appreciated.in peoples daily schedules. Time seems to get --to lesser degree, as i grow older.And these replies all helped. in one way or another. an Have good Memorial Day cheers bob s

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: