Bypassing under sink water filter flow

Old 08-10-16, 09:42 AM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bypassing under sink water filter flow

Hello, I've just had a whole house water softener installed(Hague water filter). My question is, I previously had an under sink water filter from Du pure which I now want to bypass to this new whole house system. What's the best option for me. Can someone please advise. I've found out that I can purchase a bypass filter for my refrigerator. Thks in advance

Old 08-10-16, 10:34 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Probably the easiest way is to shut off the water, disconnect the tubing going to the inlet and the tubing coming from the outlet, and buy a push to connect coupler that will allow you to connect the two tubes together directly, completely bypassing the filter.

That filter appears to use a push in connector for the tubing. There are different types, but usually pushing in on the little ring where the tubing connects, or pulling out on it will release the tubing. Sometimes a little release clip is required. The filter instructions should describe the process.

Old 04-15-18, 09:56 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Assuming you have an under the sink system from the manufacturer you mentioned and you want to keep the separate drinking water faucet, follow steps below to bypass to your new whole house water filter system.

1. Locate the feed water adapter of the under sink drinking water filter system connected to the cold water supply. It should look something similar to the following.

2. Turn off the water supply and disconnect the 1/4" tubing for the filter system by pushing on the white rotating collar white tugging gently on the tube.

3. Locate the tubing that runs down from the drinking water faucet and disconnect it from the filter system. Plug it in directly to the feed water adapter.

4. Turn the water supply back on. Now you have water coming to the faucet, directly from the house cold water line.

5. Drain the water from your drinking water filter and store it for future use.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: