Morton's super saver overflow..again

Old 01-08-17, 06:12 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Morton's super saver overflow..again

I bought my Morton's Super Saver m20 about a year ago. Everything was fine and dandy until a month ago, when I woke up to it overflowing. Of course I was frustrated but it was an easy fix, a clogged venturi. Well, I woke up at 4 this morning to another overflow. I am hoping it's something else this time, but just in case it isn't. What would make my venturi clog again in only a month? Last time, I took everything a part and cleaned it from top to bottom, so I don't believe it's because I missed anything? I just don't want to have to go through this every month until I save enough money for a better water softener. (I would prefer not to buy 2 in less than 2 years) Any ideas would be amazing. Hopefully when I get home it won't be what I am suspecting... thank you in advance. Have a great day!

Old 01-08-17, 06:35 AM
T
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
I'm not much more knowledgeable than the typical water softener owner so this is only a layman's comment. I've heard stories of softeners that developed clogs because too little salt was kept in the tank. Are you maintaining a salt level sufficient to cover the water at all times?

Old 01-14-17, 05:15 AM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
In my opinion the major problem is a part called Morton Super Saver. They are built to have problems. There is an extra flow control in the venturi that is not needed and this may be the flow control that is causing the trouble. If the float is adjusted properly, then you should not be getting an overflow.

Old 01-14-17, 06:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 366 Votes on 316 Posts
I had a Kenmore water softener that the venturi would clog, but I am not sure that is the same part. This venturi is what would measure how much water is being used so we would run out of soft water. What fixed that for me was installing a whole house water filter.

Again, my venturi was part of the water metering system. It sound like yours is part of the regeneration cycle. Perhaps you have a float that is sticking? I'm just spit-balling here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: