WaterBoss 380 ProPlus constantly draining

Old 03-26-17, 07:48 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
WaterBoss 380 ProPlus constantly draining

Hello, I installed a WaterBoss 380 ProPlus water softener last weekend. Install went fine but several days this week I've ended up getting a wet floor in my basement. For whatever reason this thing decides to drain a bunch of water and my floor drain is somewhat slow, so it overflows.

Has anyone run in to this before with this model or any? Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

Old 03-26-17, 08:24 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It seems there's a 96-hour regeneration process that this thing has on by default. My understanding (if I'm wrong here, please let me know) is that when this kicks off, it dumps all the water out and starts over. I've turned that off and now have the drain hose sitting in a coffee can in the sink to see if it ever fills back up (hopefully avoiding have to mop the floor again).

Still interested in any opinions on this situation, this is super frustrating. I plan to call the manufacturer tomorrow too, just to see what they say.

Old 03-27-17, 06:58 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
I have heard of a softener automatically regen after 96% of the capacity is used up. From what I understand this is a Euporean requirement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: