Culligan Timer Replacement with Fleck 3200 timer assembly

Old 11-19-17, 05:50 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Culligan Timer Replacement with Fleck 3200 timer assembly

People have tracked me down in looking for the replacement motor for a Culligan softener or Iron Filter or even the Carbon unit and the Neut unit.

Time marches on and the new parts are real hard to find as dealers no none or will not sell to some one other than a customer through a service call.

There are used ones from time to time that show up but are picked up very quick often in with outs of getting posted as for sale.

For awhile I have toyed with the idea of a replacement to the Culligan timer assembly, a replacement that removes the assembly and places another timer assembly in its place.

I am doing this and trying to stay simple for the DIY types out there working on getting more life out of the Culligan system.

The timer assembly that would work would be the Fleck 3200 12day or 7day timer assembly.

The plastic cover that Culligan uses for their older systems say the Mark 89 or 812 or even the N8 will have to be cut depending on personal choice as to how to make room. There

no right or wrong way only making sure that there is room for the assembly.

There will also need to be some re-location of some of the wire points that Culligan did when they put the system together.

There is also going to be the need of a few holes drilled for that re-location and the placing of the bracket for the mounting of the Fleck assembly.

What will happen will be a working system that will not win a beauty contest but again it will work for any number of years to come, the media can be replaced, the tank? when it

fails it will be time to replace the system.

There are two things to remember, first system in bypass then start a cycle by moving the wheel with the salt settings clock wise and that will depressurize the system. Next that the system has been depressurized un plug the system as you will be working with electric.

One will need to find a Fleck 3200 timer assembly , 12 or 7 day will work, as I have yet to figure the meter set up. It will need the pin wheel 0 to 160 minutes newer timer motor that is thinner than the older ones. Two micro switches one for home and one program, it would be good if the assembly came with the items as an assembly.

The pin wheel will have pins for the backwash then spaces for the brine draw and slow rinse and then two or three pins for the combo of rapid rinse and brine refill.

This will most likely take the better part of a day in cutting, drilling and fitting the items in place and getting the pins set. There is no rush in getting this done, take your time.

There are photos that I am loading and should there be questions it might be a day or two but I should be able to get back with some answers. Think with a Very Large box

The pdf files will have to be asked for as they will not load.

Attached Images       
Sponsored Links