Water Filtration Setup Advice

Old 01-16-18, 06:33 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Filtration Setup Advice

Hi,

Just got back the water analysis from the lab. I'm going to sanitize the well and see if the bacteria is still present. The water isn't too bad. I could use advise on a water filtration setup. I need to raise PH, kill any bacteria that could be present, remove iron and then I was thinking of a carbon filter for taste and to remove any chlorine if I decide not to get a UV light.

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-18, 01:01 AM
Received 537 Votes on 497 Posts
https://www.ohiopurewater.com/

Give these guys a call, have used for number of years, will walk through all the water issues and discuss options without selling more than you need.

Chlorine injection will take care of any bacteria and remove iron, carbon filter to remove excess chlorine and improve overall smell taste. Soda ash or acid along with chlorine injection for PH control.

This is my system that I installed from their components!

https://assets.doityourself.com/foru...attach/jpg.gif

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-18, 12:05 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
When taking the sample was the faucet treated with chlorine?

It is possible to fail that part of the test while not failing. The kitchen faucet can and has failed any number of tests because it gets fouled but never cleaned.

Depending on room to work with a calcite/mag ox filter to correct the ph and help in the removal of iron, the calcite/mag ox filter is NOT an iron filter but as ph is corrected some of the iron will drop out of the water.

There are two paths , one to buy every thing that might be or might not be needed or one step at a time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: