Softener Settings

Old 02-18-18, 10:21 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Softener Settings

Hi! I moved and installed my softener from my old place. I unfortunately can find my old settings I wrote down. Here are the settings I am using now but do not seem correct.
Resin tank - 12" x 53"
Head - bnt5650f head (Independent Water Tech/ Canature)
Hardness level is 20
I used this - https://www.apswater.com/softener-in...tin=53&hard=20 to confirm the Resin volume - 2.00 ft3
I am using these settings on my unit -
Salt setting - 8.0 lbs/cf3
Refill flow rate - 0.70 GPM
Unit Capacity - 36,000 Grains
Reserve Capacity - 75 Gal/Person
Backwash - 10.0 minutes
Brine/Rinse - 60.0 minutes
Rapid Rinse - 10.0 minutes
Refill - 7.6 minutes
This is giving me a capacity of 900 Gals according to the unit
This does not seem right though…. Also, what I find odd is during the Brine/Rinse, the brine is depleted within 10 minutes…
Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-18-18, 11:32 AM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
12x53? I know of 12x52 and 13x54 but not a 12x53
That aside the 2 cubic feet of resin at 6lbs per or 12lbs total would be 40k that /by the 20 would be 1800 gallons.

Which injector does the system have and what is the correct brine flow control? as the injector sets the brine removal flow rate from the salt tank.

lets start there and work through the numbers.

Old 02-20-18, 07:12 PM
D
Ok... let me break it down and get that for you. Thx for your replay. And i fat fingered, it should be 52... Sorry about that!

Old 03-11-18, 11:20 AM
D
So i found the install directions and went through and broke everything down to set it up again. I confirmed it is set up correctly. According to the directions, a 12" should use #2 Blue injector set and the Drain Line Flow Control is using #4 which is 3.5 GPM. The Brine Line Flow Control came from the factory with #2 0.70 GPM. I put it all back together and kicked off a regen.... It goes through the cycles of Backwash, Brine/Rinse, and Rinse fine. The only thing that seems odd to me is for the 60 min Brine/Rinse step, it appears to pull all of the brine through within the first 10 mins. I did raise and lower the float a little to confirm it is working - i was thinking it was stuck wide open or something. I am at a loss... I have been playing with this softener for a while now. It appears 900 gallons is the most it can soften for some reason. Even then, towards the end of the 900 capacity, i swear the water is getting hard..... Super frustrating!!!! What am I missing and what can I do?

Old 03-11-18, 06:44 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
For starts have you tested the new water? You moved into another house with the system. The old one had a comp hardness of 20grains but that might not be the correct setting for your new place, it might be higher or lower so you will need a new water test of the water for proper setting of comp hardness.

Brine flow is about 1/3 of the total brine draw/slow rinse, or in your case about 10-15 minutes of the 60 minute cycle.
1gallon of water too 3lbs of salt.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: