Culligan Mark 89 help!

Old 03-03-18, 07:50 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Culligan Mark 89 help!

Hello
I am in the process of changing my resin media in my Culligan Mark 89. I figured out my original question but now I don't know how to delete my question. So, since I have to ask a question, any tips or suggestions for my re-bedding process?

Thanks
Greg

Attached Images  

Last edited by gregsenne; 03-03-18 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-18, 10:31 AM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Bedding a Culligan of that time frame can be a royal pain but it can be done.

There are two hooks for the valve, one goes all the way to the bottom and the other just a few inches, the few inches needs to be out of its hole.
Then a funnel, one with an end that will now fit in the hole and one that has a large fill part or bowl. One might have to tape two together.
Hose with water lightly running. put some resin in the funnel bowl and add some water , one will have to work the funnel end up so that the air can get out, GO SLOW, TAKE YOUR TIME or a very large mess will take place.

It would be good to have about 6-10 feet of 1/2" Polyethylene tubing to siphon water out of the tank as it will start to make a mess if it is at the top of the tank while your putting in the resin.

Have a tape handy and one needs to check from time to time the space between the top of the tank and the resin, 17-15" is the goal.
That should do it.

Old 01-14-20, 11:06 AM
P
Should there be any gravel at the base of tank before resin is added? I noticed while removing the old resin that there was no gravel in the tank. I pulled approximately 1 cu. ft of resin out of tank. If I do need gravel, how much?

Old 02-28-20, 02:05 PM
M
Enuff to cover the slots in the tube inside the tank