GE Pro Elite Water Softener not drawing brine

Old 10-09-18, 12:41 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Pro Elite Water Softener not drawing brine

The GE Pro Elite Water softener is not drawing brine from the salt tank which always stays full with water. The Check Salt light comes on. The guys who installed the system came and replaced the Injector valve and even then it did not work. They told me that they no longer carry the parts for this model and are also no longer dealers for GE/Pentair. Pentair is not helping as I called them few times and did not get any favorable response. I would like to know how to locate Valve disc 2 & 3 which have to be checked as per the Troubleshooting given in the manual. I would also like to know how to check the Air check valve which may be prematurely closed as per troubleshooting steps.
I would appreciate any guidance to go about looking at the system for locating the valves and air check valve. Thanks,

Sridhar

Old 10-09-18, 07:58 PM
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Photo please, sounds like the autotrol 263 or like unit.

Has any one tried un hooking the brine line to see if it is pulling or water is running out when it is in brine draw?

Another thing to look at is the drain line, make sure that the drain line is free and clear and that there is no blockage in the drain line.

Old 10-10-18, 09:41 PM
A
I cleaned the salt tank completely and checked the Air Check Valve which is working fine along with the float assembly. When I restarted the unit after adding fresh salt the tank filled up almost three fourth and then again there was no draw of the brine from the tank. The Check salt light again came on at the end of the C4 cycle.
Do need to turn off power to the unit before checking the disc valves? Please advise. Also please let me know what else needs to be checked. Thanks.

Old 10-10-18, 11:59 PM
I am working on finding the correct manual for what you have.

Help from you in finding the manual so that I can let you know where to look is going to shorten the time needed in finding the challenge.

Old 10-11-18, 06:26 AM
A
GE Pro Elite Manual
I have given the link for the manual for my unit. Please advise on which valves to be checked and also if the system will keep the settings when I disconnect power to the unit for opening the Autotrol 268/716 unit. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-11-18, 09:25 AM
The control will hold the programing, it will only change if one goes in and changes the settings.
Autotrol valve.
https://www.water-softeners-filters....al-1222945.pdf

The disc number starts at the front with 1 and goes to the back.

It is possible that if the injector and screen are good , clear then some thing is in and or around the discs of 2 and or 4 stopping the system from pulling the brine.

Old 10-12-18, 05:53 AM
A
Thanks for your reply and the Autotrol valve manual. I found a video detailing how to tear down the control unit. I have given the link for reference. I will update once I try to clean the valves 2 and 4.
Autotrol Valve unit tear down

Old 10-28-18, 07:40 AM
A
I ordered a full set of all the valves for the Autotrol unit as three of the valves were completely corroded. I replaced the valves and put everything back. The system has been working fine now for the past ten days.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: