home water treatment system quote and comparison

Old 05-11-19, 04:31 PM
home water treatment system quote and comparison

Our current whole home water treatment system is over 22 yrs old and is not working. It is a Culligan system.

A Culligan rep gave us some discounts on the new equipment since we are a current customer. I also have a 10-20$ off coupon for Kinetico installations from an packet ad.

Attached is a comparison with another local company.

I am not familiar with the systems so i am hoping for some guidance.

As a note, the Martin rep said they would replace a coupling and valve that leads out to the outside faucet as it is currently covered/caked in blue residue. They also will place the reverse osmosis system in the basement vs under the kitchen sink where it is now.

thanks

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Home Water Conditioning.pdf (60.4 KB, 11 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-19, 01:05 PM
Why is the pressure tank needing to be replaced?

What is the water Quality? why is the ph correction needed?

What equipment do you have right now?

Sounds like some is because they can.

Old 05-12-19, 03:09 PM
The original is attached.

The tank is leaking at the valve (attached) and we had it checked when the well pump died. The tank was filling at 20 seconds and should be at least 1 minute or more based on the pump size. So, going to a larger size is recommend based on the pump. The company that replaced the pump quoted an 25/extroll (not sure what that means as i could not find a 25 gal extroll only a 202xl or 203). Both company's don't carry a 202xl.

The ph is reading 4.5 and the tech thinks chlorides may be also be an issue since the well is up front near the road where we get tons of chemical dropped on the road in the winter over the past 20+ yrs..
We had two hot water tanks lose rods over 3 yr period and had to go a newer tank with no rods (Rheem) .

So just wondering on the compression chart which company is the better option?

Attached Images    
Old 05-12-19, 05:34 PM
Everything I've read online says Culligan systems are difficult to DIY repair due to proprietary parts not easily obtained by the public. Something to keep in mind.

Old 05-14-19, 01:10 PM
The Culligan system is so old parts are difficult to find.

The Martin tech explained i can do the annual service with out a problem on the Kinetico. I have not researched the DIY repair on the Martin systems.

I did find a $400 trade-in discount for trading in the old softener system and having the Kinetico whole home water treatment system

Old 05-14-19, 05:35 PM
Seal pack and piston are going for about 50.00 right now on Ebay...... both work for your systems.

Kinetico system is really a dealer work on only, if customer works on it , what will that do to the warranty?

Can the Kinetico be adjusted based on water quality if it changes and how hard is it to do?

Part of what your buying service quality and standing behind the system no questions asked.