fleck 5600 econominder head problem

Old 06-24-19, 01:10 PM
fleck 5600 econominder head problem

We have a Fleck 5600 econominder head. The electricity went off for about 5 hours the other day. I reset the time without an issue. Now after several days the window has shown brine position without moving. The manual regeneration knob won't rotate clockwise, even with a fair amount of force.

Seems that something is wonky with the head now. Is anything broke? I'm wondering what can I do to get the head working properly again? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-19, 10:16 AM
You can remove the head from the rest of the valve body and that will remove pressure from main piston and brine piston.
It might be easier to turn the knob through its cleaning steps.
Also while the power head is off check to make sure the gears are correct and no shafts have broken, in the years have found the shaft for the brine cam to have broken and that throws off the brine cam and then the main cam ....
Power heads are kind of cheap, and depending one might be able to find one on Ebay as a replacement to the one you have.

Old 07-08-19, 07:21 AM
Turns out we got the plumber out. The piston was froze and the motor stripped several (yeah multiple) gears. So we got a new head. (it's only money sigh) )