Culligan Mark 100 Does not automatically regenerate / only manually.

Old 09-24-19, 09:47 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Culligan Mark 100 Does not automatically regenerate / only manually.

My Culligan Mark 100 Model No. 01-0034-92, 01-0034-93 water softener is going on 20 years old and treated me well over the years with just one service repair. The problem is the softener won't regenerate automatically as scheduled. The only way to make it regenerate is to manually hit "regen". It was scheduled to regen at 2:00 am nightly, but when I noticed it wasn't using salt I adjusted the time to 6:00 pm to confirm the lack of regeneration. I have eliminated the flow sensor (black plastic flow valve) as a problem by taking it apart and confirming it moves freely.
Also, I noticed a constant water flow through the drain which means a new seal kit will be required as well (any connection with the automatic regeneration)? I hope to save myself the cost of a Culligan service call and make repairs myself. As many have stated, shooting trouble with Culligan products is very difficult online so any ideas, suggestions or Culligan part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-20, 02:25 PM
M
No connection to regen on the water flow thru the drain
Have u tried to set it to regen by days to see if that works

Old 05-18-20, 02:07 PM
R
I have a 20 year old Mark 100 too. It stopped doing autoregen years ago. I just push manual regen every 2 weeks and just live with doing that. I have an idea of why mine is not automatic. The unit is equipped with the Soft Minder sensor which is a little inline turbine impeller inside the coupling between the control valve on top of the cylinder and the bypass valve. When I had to troubleshoot a leak this week I found that the turbine was seized up and would not turn, therefore was not counting gallons. If your system has the Soft Minder in it then maybe that's the problem.