Recomendation For Reverse Osmosis System

Old 10-15-19, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Recomendation For Reverse Osmosis System

I'm looking for a good reverse osmosis water filter to get rid of the fluoride in the water. I've been looking at the reviews of different models of the one star ratings and the common problem was leaking and the kitchen getting flooded.

The negative reviews were in the 2% to 11% range, but the leaking still worried me. I see the installation could be a problem ... I saw a couple of videos on the subject. There is just two of us plus we want water to cook with too.

What do I need to watch out for when choosing a system?

Thanks for reading my post.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-19, 11:58 AM
Received 106 Votes on 97 Posts
Actually the RO units are pretty much modular, the companies take a lot of common housings and membranes and bundle them together with John Guest fittings and there you have an RO system.

A 4-5 stage filter is pretty common, the unit, a faucet and holding tank are less that $200.

Old 10-15-19, 01:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 226 Votes on 208 Posts
I honestly don't think there is much difference between brands. Some are packaged a bit differently but they like Marq1 mentioned, they use the same parts. I would just pick the one you want and before turning the water on go through and make sure all the fittings are snug (do not over tighten) even those that came pre-assembled from the factory. Then after installing it and turning the water on check on it for the next hour or so for any slow leaks.

Old 10-15-19, 01:12 PM
Received 13 Votes on 12 Posts
I have had one for years with never a leak. As others have posted it's all about the install. I like the tank and filter assembly located in the basement instead of under the sink where it can get banged around.

Old 10-16-19, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Thanks for the input. I went with a NU Aqua Platinum Series 5 Stage system. It has a 5 year warranty, and a install video comes with it. It was less than $150 to the door. The price range on these systems are all over the place.