Can't get last spacer out of Fleck 2510

Old 11-06-19, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can't get last spacer out of Fleck 2510

Hello,

I decided to rebuild my 10-year old Fleck 2510 and found some instructional videos on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OopjvdSZncE&t=611s

This guy's fingers must be really long, or maybe his valve is a different revision than mine, because I can't reach all the seals and spacers. There is a hook tool available for $14.95, and I tried making something similar from a coat hanger, but I couldn't budge the last spacer.

Anyway, the seals & spacers that I COULD remove looked brand new, so I decided to just replace the piston. Everything looks OK, and the piston is pulled out all the way after regeneration, but now I've got a constant trickle of water draining out of the valve. I guess I'm going to have to get that last spacer & seal out one way or another. It looks as though even if I disassemble the valve completely there's still no other way to reach the spacer. Fleck sells a more sophisticated removal tool for $71.69 which I may have to break down and buy.

Just looking for ideas as to how I might get that spacer out with investing $71.69 Or maybe something else could be causing the trickling? Thank you for any suggestions!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-19, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sometimes procrastination pays off. The trickle is down to the occasional drop. Maybe after a couple of regeneration cycles the old spacers/washers reseated themselves somehow? I'm just going to leave it alone for the time being and see if it improves further. The new piston DID eliminate the little bit of leakage that was occurring where the piston attaches to the timer mechanism.