Help with existing conditioning system-carbon, KDF85 and descaling

Old 11-19-19, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with existing conditioning system-carbon, KDF85 and descaling

My current system is 5 years old. It consists of a 20 micron sediment filter->10x54 catalytic carbon/KDF85 tank->Argonide nanoceram .2micron filter->descaling 10x54 tank. I am on well water and installed system due to Tannins in water and smell. The system regenerates with H2O2 every 3 days or 300 gal, whichever comes first. System worked well for some time but now we are seeing more yellowish H2O (we can take a white bowl of H2O and add a drop or two of chlorine and color disappears) and a slight smell. The H2O2 I use is Neutra Sul. I cleaned 1st tank with Iron Out, as I did once in the past, but this time it produced no noticeable results. Do I need a media replacement? or?

We went with this no salt system due to medical reasons in the household.

The last H2O test was 127mg/L Hardness(as CaCO3), Iron .47, Manganese 189, Tannin & Lignin .8, TDS 170, Alkalinity (as CaCO3) 112.

The system is an Elements from Hankscraft. The gentleman that I got the system from has retired and can not be contacted. The person who he sold the business to, shouldn't be in the business, in my opinion. Didn't know the system, didn't know where to buy Argonide filters, wasn't sure why we had or even what KDF85 was!
We were quoted a price of about $10,000 from Kinetico for a system which we feel is a little unreasonable.
Thanks in advance for advice.

Sponsored Links