Setting home position for Culligan Gold Series softener

Old 01-28-20, 04:38 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Setting home position for Culligan Gold Series softener

I have been having problems with my Culligan Gold series softener where I can't get the softener to suck the brine solution during regeneration. I have replaced the seal pack, brine piston (that all came in the seal pack kit), o-rings on the inductor and it's holder, made sure everything is clear (hole in inductor) but still no suction. During the brine rinse there is a small amount of water running trying to create the suction but it's not doing anything. I took the brine tube off at the softener and sucked on it and was able to draw the brine through it so all of that is working.
I noticed that when the regen cycle is complete and returns to the home position the slot on the white cam is a little past the 12:00 position or not pointing directly at the piston. Is it possible this could be the issue where everything is off just a bit and allowing air into the system not allowing the suction? Is there an adjustment for this if it is an issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-20, 02:16 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I finally figured out my no brine problem. After changing just about everything in the softener and with phone in hand to call Culligan service I thought I'd walk through the steps I took to fix it one more time. I started looking at the float and in reading some of the threads they said it didn't matter whether the float was up or down and that it would draw brine either way. I finally decided to pull the pump out of the brine tank, disconnect the hose and work it manually. I found that it DOES matter if the float is up or down. I raised the float way above the water level and did another regen and everything worked as it should.

I'm going to post this on my other thread also about no brine.