Water softener driving me crazy!

Old 02-28-20, 09:19 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water softener driving me crazy!

I hope beirmech is still around?? Whirlpool water softener quit drawing brine, water level keeps getting higher after regen. Venture gasket replaced, valve o rings and seals replaced still not working? Float valve seems fine too. When in brine mode there is no suction from the float valve yet there is water going through the drain hose? Noticed when we changed float o rings and seals that the rotor disk? Surface looks like a record with circular lines around the circumference (is that a normal appearance?) all other stages seem to work fine, just not the brine draw. I pulled the float line out to check for suction and there is actually water dripping from the hose rather than suction. Hope someone can help..........pd culligan tech $156 and he couldn't figure it out either!!?? Nobody around here wants to work on these types of softeners and i just can't afford a new one unit is 5 years old.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-20, 10:43 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 488 Votes on 449 Posts
You did not mention checking the venturi for blockage. Is it clear?

Old 02-28-20, 01:22 PM
J
YES, REMOVED THE VENTURI AND CLEANED ALL THE FLO PLUGS AND SCREENS. i DID REPLACE THE BLACK GASKET IN THE VENTURE WHICH MADE NO DIFFERENCE. THE TECH THAT CAME REMOVED THE VENTURI FROM THE HOUSING WHERE THE NOZZLE PROTRUDES FROM HEAD? THERE WAS WATER DRIPPING OUT OF IT AND HE SAID IT SHOULD HAVE HAD SUCTION RATHER THAN WATER DRIZZLING OUT? MY QUESTION, IF THE VENTURI IS NOT WORKING HOW IS THERE WATER GOING DOWN THE DRAIN HOSE WHEN BRINING?

Old 02-28-20, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 96 Votes on 76 Posts
FYI typing in all caps is considered shouting and is also hard on the eyes to read.

Old 02-28-20, 02:11 PM
J
sorry my eyesight is bad and the caps make it easier to see what I'm typing