Water not draining

Old 07-13-20, 05:06 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water not draining

I have a Sears Water Softener, about 5 years old, Model #625385200. I have read all the posts about how to drain water from the salt bed. I have done that now 5 or 6 times. It drains great. Just put it on brine, unplug it, and it drains it. However, as soon as I put salt back into it, and take it off brine, it will fill back up with water. I have cleaned all of the parts several times. Ordered a new venturi just to make sure, but that seems to be working since I can drain the water off. What else could cause it to keep filling with water and not draining? Motor and system appear to be working fine. I already replaced the switch just to make sure it was turning on the brine drain.
Thanks for any help or insight.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-20, 07:07 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
While in the service position, disconnect the brine line at the venture. No water should be coming out. If it does, the figure 8 o ring (7081764) is fault and needs to be replace. WaterSoftenerSuperStore.com sells repair part for Sears

dkocian voted this post useful.
Old 07-22-20, 10:48 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Perfect. Figured it was one of the seals, but was not sure which one. Entire seal kit for this unit is super expensive. Thanks!